Name: Chris Schild
Social media: @christianschild
Christian Schild is known for his stunning editorials, creative eyeliner details, and graphic makeup looks. From a hairdressing background, Christian now works with international beauty and fashion clients and has had his work published in many top magazines including Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, and Vogue.
We love Christian's work, he has an incredible talent in creating beautiful looks with a perfectly added creative twist. Be sure to follow him to see lots of inspiring beauty and to be awe-inspired by his unique graphic lines and attention to detail.
1. What type of makeup work do you do/what makeup are you known for?
I'm probably most known for my editorial makeup and eyeliner looks or graphic looks.
2. How long have you been working in the industry?
I have been doing makeup since 2010.
3. Have you always worked in makeup/how did you get into this career?
I did my apprenticeship as a hair dresses and have worked as one for many years. At some point, I got interested in makeup and just started organising photoshoots and building a portfolio. I started from zero - I had no training with makeup whatsoever - I have tried things and just developed my skills.
4. What is your favorite look you’ve created/tell us about an exciting career highlight:
If I am completely honest I don't really have a favorite look. I am way too critical with my work and always find flaws or things I could have done better. So my favorite look will probably always be the one I just created.
5. If you could give your younger self/other aspiring makeup artists one bit of advice what would it be?
If I could give myself some advice it would be - RELAX! :)
I am extremely impatient and like to do things straight away. I tend to do millions of things at the same time just to get there quicker or organise things as quick as possible. So my tip would be: Don't give up, and believe in yourself! Be patient - some things need time.
6. Who or what is your go-to for makeup inspiration?
I get inspired by nature and music - sometimes I just think of things for no particular reason.
7. Who do you admire in the makeup industry/If you could swap with one other artist for the day who would it be and why?
There are a lot of really good makeup artists out there - each in their own way. I am not sure if I would want to swap places though. I'd rather work on myself and achieve my own goals.
8. Have you got a dream client or person whom you’d love to work with?
Of course, there are many people I would love to work with - but I think every client or person is special and I am thankful for them to be willing to work with me.
9. What are your top kit must-haves?
One thing I can't live without in my kit is order and organisation. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to being tidy, things have to be neat and sorted. I would go insane without my system and it would just be complete chaos, thanks to Proma Kit there is no more chaos!
10. Can you share a valuable makeup or beauty tip that you love?
DON'T use too much powder!